In the FBC Worship Ministry, we are building worship leaders who glorify Christ by using their gifts to point people to Jesus during our corporate worship services and other ministry events. These worship leaders are actively involved in making disciples through the relationships they build in everyday life and the ministries of First Baptist Church, including -
Vocalists and instrumentalists sharing their talents to lead and encourage corporate worship:
- FBC Worship Choir – The Worship Choir is open to adults and high school students. Choir members attend rehearsals on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. in the choir room of the Music Suite. Childcare is provided.
- FBC Worship Band – The Worship Band is an auditioned instrumental ensemble that provides instrumental leadership for congregational singing. Instrumentalists attend weekly rehearsals on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. and a sound check Sunday mornings at 7:45 a.m. The Worship Band currently features piano, keyboard, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, and drums. However, we are always looking to expand our roster.
- FBC Orchestra – The Orchestra is open to adults and by audition to high school students. Orchestra members attend rehearsals on Sunday evenings at 7:00 p.m. in the orchestra room of the Music Suite (2nd floor). Childcare is provided.
- FBC Gathering Band - The Gathering Band is an auditioned instrumental ensemble that provides instrumental leadership for congregational singing during Wednesday evening's "Gathering" service. Instrumentalists attend weekly rehearsals on Wednesday evenings at 5:00 p.m..
- Individual or Ensemble Music – FBC also has opportunities for soloists, vocal ensembles, and instrumental ensembles to share music during corporate worship that will lead the congregation in honoring God, will encourage the congregation in their faith, and will serve as a testimony of God’s work in our lives. Individuals wishing to share special music must participate on a weekly basis in our music ministry: choir, worship band, or orchestra.
- Kids Praise - A FUN time of music, singing, and equipping and teaching children to love and worship Jesus. Kids will sing a couple of times in the Fall and Spring as well as in the FBC Christmas musical. For all kids 4 years of age to 5th grade. Wednesday evenings @ 5:45 p.m.
- Student Praize - A time of music, singing, and equipping and teaching Middle School and High School kids. Student Praize meets at 5 p.m. in the choir suite.
This team is comprised by interview of adults or high school students who provide technical support in the proclamation of the Word of God. Members provide vital assistance running the soundboard, lightboard, projectors, cameras, and video equipment. Would you like to volunteer in one of the areas of ministry listed above?
Contact the FBC office at 580.772.2771 or email Denise Hamburger at email@example.com